Quality, thorough examinations are the cornerstone of good medicine, they can help prevent and diagnose disease. Once we come inside Dr. Jerob has often started an exam before your pet even knows he’s a vet! We are able to offer a variety of different examinations in the comfort of your own home:
- Sick pet
- Hospice Care Evaluations
- Comprehensive Weight loss/Fitness
- Physical Rehabilitation (available soon)
Vaccines are a vital part of your pet’s preventative care. They help protect against diseases that can cause serious consequences to your pet. We offer the following vaccines:
- Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza
- ‘Kennel Cough’
- Lyme’s Disease
- Rhinotracheitis, Calcivirus, Panluekapenia
- Feline Leukemia
One great advantage in Mobile practice is the ability to assess your pet’s behavior in their own environment. We can provide guidance on unwanted behaviors and give you the tools to help correct them with the whole family involved.
- Parasite prevention is another aspect of good preventative care.
- The 4 major parasite groups we are concerned with in companion animals are intestinal worms, fleas, ticks and heartworm.
- Intestinal worms most commonly cause diarrhea or other digestive issues. They can also be of human health concern.
- Heartworm is a serious disease that can cause severe illness or even death based on the impact on the heart and lungs.
- Fleas are the number one cause of allergies in dogs. Year round prevention is key in a tropical climate like Maui.
- Ticks spread a number of dangerous diseases that not only can impact our beloved pets, but us as well.
- Inquire to see what preventatives best fit your pet’s lifestyle.
This is a simple and inexpensive way to help if your beloved pet gets lost. With a microchip implanted, if they are brought to any vet hospital or Humane Society, their chip can be scanned and they can quickly be reunited with you.
- 100% of the profit from every microchip YourVet provides is happily donated to the Maui Humane Society.
- State of the art digital x-ray system
- A view into the abdomen (belly) of your pet can give some invaluable information.
- We offer full anesthetic and sedation procedures.
- Our clinic has an anesthetic system using isoflurane anesthetic gas.
- All patients are monitoring intensely throughout each procedure. A safe and smooth anesthesia is our top priority!
Surgery (primarily soft tissue)
- Dr. Leaper has vast experience in soft tissue surgery
- Intestinal obstructions
- Bladder stones
- Uretheral obstructions (male cats)
- Mass/Tumor removals (internal and external)
- Wound Repairs
- To name a few
- Minor orthopedic procedures
- We will always be honest with our experience and comfort with a particular surgery.
- Full External laboratory service
- Handheld onsite analyzer
- Snap tests (parvo, giardia, TT4, FIV/FELV, heartworm)
The loss of a furry family member is often an extremely difficult and private time for any pet owner. We can guide you through the process with compassion and ease your pet’s journey across the ‘rainbow bridge.’
Providing your pet with comfort, dignity and peace as your best friend battles through illness, chronic condition or simply old age. We offer a large range of hospice options from daily and weekly care to monthly and quarterly care. Whatever your pet needs in this delicate time, we are here to help.
Chronic Pain Management
Helping manage your pet’s chronic pain can make a world of difference in their quality of life! It’s our goal that every pet suffering from a chronic condition gains the ability to live their lives to the fullest on our beautiful island paradise.
Off Road Services
If you require a veterinary house call and live in an area that our mobile hospital can’t reach or are out on a hike and have a veterinary emergency… have no fear! We also have a fully equipped 4×4 truck that can bring our staff and diagnostic equipment to some of the most challenging terrain Maui can offer. One advantage to being fully mobile is that we are diagnostically flexible. Our X-ray, ultrasound, diagnostic lab equipment, hospice and triage services are all fully portable. The only service YourVet cannot provide with our off road house calls is surgery.