The goal of YourVet Farm Services is to provide high quality mobile care for livestock, for both companion and production animals around Maui County.
We offer routine examinations, herd health consults, and medical and surgical procedures for cattle, sheep, goats, pigs and camelids from the comfort of your home environment, reducing the need for transport, stress and valuable time in your day.
Dr. Christie Balcomb is a Board-Certified Specialist in Large Animal Internal Medicine. Becoming a specialist involves an additional 4 years of training, vigorous examinations and research to achieve a greater understanding of internal medicine, disease processes, and all aspects of livestock medicine and surgery. She has the most current and up-to-date information regarding management of disease and recommendations on how to keep your animals healthy. She can evaluate your herd, no matter how big or how small, to help you identify any ways to improve the health and welfare of your animals and provide education on how to recognize and prevent disease.
Please inquire for any additional services you may need.
Animals We Work With
- Individual wellness exams
- Sick animal exams
- Herd health consultations
- Regulatory testing
- Nutritional consultation
- Parasite management and control
- Breeding management
- Neonatal management
Specialty Services and Diagnostics
- Pot belly pig hoof and tusk trimming
- Lameness examination and management
- Ultrasound examination for pregnancy and medical diagnoses
- Portable radiology for x-rays
- Fecal egg count for internal parasites
- General blood work, as well as sampling for infectious disease testing
- On-farm surgeries – mass removal, minor wound repair, caesarean section, castration, disbudding
- Please inquire for more advanced surgeries
After Hours Emergencies
Visits are by appointment only. For any after-hours emergencies, please text (808)757-9363 and include your name, your pet’s name and the nature of the emergency. If you do not hear back within 30 minutes, please call Makawao Veterinary Clinic at (808) 572-9003. Our priority is the health of your animal and we appreciate your understanding that Dr. Christie may not always be available in an emergency. For any non-emergency questions after-hours, please call and leave a message at (808)879-5777 or send us a message and we will return your message during business hours.